Sunday, November 2, 2008

"god can change your life"?

So, in browsing other blogs today, I came across a google adwords ad with the title:

"god can change your life - see how"

I was taken aback at the sheer ridiculousness of this statement.

I suppose the ad was written for some christian organization, but man, whosever rhetoric it is, they are clearly not thinking it through.

if god is all-powerful and all-pervasive, there is NO WAY god is not already in your life.
and if god is already all around you, what would you need to change your life for?

people often, in my observation, justify the things that THEY want and desire for themselves as being something that "god wants".

if god is everywhere, in every thing, then everything is already what god wants, exactly as it is.

now if they had said - "awareness of god will change your life", then that has some meaning.

but still I am not convinced that they have this concept down either...

No comments: