Monday, August 25, 2008

11th hour

...and I'm going to Burn.

Both other years I have gone to the playa have involved significant preparation, and up till yesterday I was certain that I was not going to go this year.

But last Friday I got offered a free ticket, and although I hesitated at first due to lack of preparation and a billion things to do back home, over the weekend I realized that I can use the expansion.

Besides, I have been wanting to take a small trip anyways...

Interestingly enough, a big motivating factor for me this time is that I am going alone.
I plan to camp with my boss when I get there, but the drive there and back will be me alone with my own space for how ever many hours per direction.

That rules.
I feel like 1) striking out on my own and 2) having the time to myself are elements that I can really use right now, especially since I feel like I have decent amount of internal "sorting" to do.

Of course, it will be amazing being at BM and the Friday lineup at OT is worth going for alone, but I am really looking forward to the road trip with my own company!

And it is interesting to do something like this with supremely minimal preparation - this time it's only me, my tent, and some water and solid-state food...

No comments: